|Prep time||Cook time||Servings|
1 onion, finely diced
1 can diced tomatoes
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
Pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
2 tsp Italian Stallion
½ cup red wine
300g tomato passata
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp Man Grind
Recipe1. In a generously sized, sturdy frying pan, begin by sautéing the onion with a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat.
2. Once the onion turns translucent, it's time to incorporate the sausage. Take one sausage at a time, gently squeeze out the meat from the casing directly into the pan. Repeat this process for all the sausages. Using a fish slice or spatula, break down the sausage into small, bite-sized meatball pieces, approximately 1cm in size.
3. Once the sausage has browned, add the garlic, chili (if desired), and the Italian stallion spice blend. Stir the mixture until it releases a fragrant aroma.
4. Pour in the red wine to deglaze the bottom of the pan.
5. Add the passata and tinned tomatoes, giving everything a thorough stir to combine. Allow the mixture to come to a steady simmer.
6. Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce gently simmer for about 30 minutes, or until it has thickened to your desired consistency.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package, then drain it, reserving a cup of the pasta water.
7. Combine the cooked pasta with the sausage ragu, tossing them together to coat the pasta evenly. If needed, add a small amount of pasta water, one tablespoon at a time, to help bind the pasta and sauce together.
8. Serve the dish with a generous portion of grated Parmesan cheese, a sprinkle of Italian parsley, and a dash of freshly ground pepper.